A summer full of fun events, new accomplishments and unforgettable experiences.
After a summer of going out and experiencing new things, meeting new people and daring to do things I never dreamed I'd do...I'm back - and ready to take on the fall.
I started the summer off, not very happy. I had all these dreams, hopes and desires that were unfulfilled and it felt like I wasn't making progress. So...I took action and went after my dreams. I applied for a corporate communications position with one of the largest energy companies in the world - and I got the job!
Additionally, after a few years of not really dancing, I started taking dance classes again and I auditioned for the prestigious dance company, O2, run by renowned choreographer Sarah Dolan. I almost didn't go to the audition - but on the morning of the audition, I decided I was going to go for it - and I now get to be part of this outstanding dance company! We're gearing up for our upcoming show, "Answers" in November. I hope you can make it!
I also did a whole lot of fun stuff this summer! Here are the highlights:
- Attending and participating in the wedding of my friend Brent's sister's wedding
- Dancing in the Stampede parade with Pulse Dance Studios
- Camping out in Strathmore, Alberta, with some great pals
- Experiencing pirates with my friend Madeline at Calgary Opera Company's production of "Pirates of Penzance", as part of the Opera in the East Village event.
- Travelling to Toronto to take part in wrap-up event of the United Nations Association in Canada's (UNA) Multimedia and Multiculturalism (M&M) program.
In regards to my last point - it was such an honour to be part of the UNA's M&M program. It was a program designed to mentor and guide communications students into successful careers. I joined this program after my third year of university and it gave me the experience and confidence I needed to pursue my dreams! Thank you to everyone at UNA for helping me follow my passions!
And come to think of it - THANK YOU to everyone who has ever helped me with anything. I am so excited to work hard and focus on all my fall activities. I absolutely love my current job, O2 dance company and my continued volunteer activities with Alberta Ballet. Thanks for reading.
Now let's go and take on the fall!!!